1/1 Photo of Stuffed Artichokes
1 hr 10 mins
Woman's World Magazine 5/2/00. Melted butter, minced garlic, toasted bread crumbs, mozzarella and Parmesan - this stuffing will turn you into an artichoke lover this spring for sure! It can be served as a first-course or a side dish. A must-have on our Easter table for as long as I can remember.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With sharp knife, cut about 1 inch off tops of artichokes. With scissors trim tips of remaining leaves. With spoon scrape out fuzzy choke. Rub all cut edges with lemon.
- 2Mince 2 cloves garlic; in small bowl combine with bread crumbs, mozzarella, Parmesan, butter, parsley, salt, and pepper. Spoon mixture in between leaves and into centers of artichokes.
- 3Fill a large pot just wide enough to hold artichokes upright with 1 inch of water; add remaining garlic. Place artichokes, crumb side up, in pot.
- 4Over medium-low heat bring water to a simmer. Cover; cook until artichoke bases are tender, 35-45 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, position oven rack about 8 inches from heat source; preheat broiler.
- 6With slotted spoon, transfer artichokes, upright, to 8-inch square baking dish. Broil until tops are brown, 4-6 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.2
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 1036.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 17.8 g