1/1 Photo of Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 hr 20 mins
Adapted from a recipe by KASM75 at allrecipes.com. A little spicy, a little creamy. Substitute orzo for the rice, or leave out the rice and the bell peppers and use as pasta sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup minced carrot
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced fine
- 1/4 lb pancetta or 1/4 lb lightly smoked bacon, diced
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 large red bell peppers, stems and seeds removed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender and fluffy; set aside.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté carrots and onion until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add pancetta or bacon and sauté until crispy. Add ground beef and sauté until browned; drain off any excess liquid and return to heat. Add marinara sauce, wine, and red pepper flakes, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cream, half of the Parmesan cheese, and rice. Simmer 5 minutes more, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 4Place peppers in a shallow baking dish, and fill with beef mixture. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 5Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.2
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.5 mg
- Sodium 445.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: