1 hr 25 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
Involtini di Petti di Pollo-serve this chicken at your next dinner party or anniversary dinner if you want to impress! The chicken roll is stuffed with asparagus, prosciutto and cheese and is topped with a marsala accented mushroom cream sauce. The recipe is from the R.S.V.P. section of a November 1986 issue of Bon Appetit and was requested from Lofurno's Italian restaurant in Seattle, Washington.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 (6 ounce) boneless chicken breasts, skinned and trimmed
- 12 prosciutto, slices (thin)
- 3/4 lb bel paese cheese, cut into 12 oblongs
- 24 asparagus spears, blanched 1 minute and trimmed to 4-inch lengths
- 3/4 lb freshly grated mixed parmesan and romano cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- olive oil
- all-purpose flour
- 1 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup dry marsala
- 6 cups whipping cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Pound chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to thickness of 1/4 inch.
- 2Arrange chicken breasts shiny side down.
- 3Cover each with 1 prosciutto slice, set Bel Paese cheese oblong in center, place 2 asparagus spears beside cheese and sprinkle with about 3 tablespoons Parmesan mixture, then parsley. Roll up tightly.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5Heat thin layer of oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Dredge chicken rolls in flour, shaking off excess.
- 7Arrange seam side down in skillet and brown on both sides.
- 8Transfer to baking sheet; pour oil over- do not wash skillet.
- 9Bake chicken until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, set skillet over high heat.
- 11Add mushrooms and Marsala.
- 12Tilt pan, heat wine and ignite.
- 13When flames subside, boil until liquid is reduced by half.
- 14Add cream and boil until reduced to saucelike consistancy; season with salt and pepper.
- 15To serve, set 2 chicken rolls on each plate, spoon Marsala sauce over and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Mushroom Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1682.3
- Calories from Fat 1217
- Total Fat 135.2 g
- Saturated Fat 73.6 g
- Cholesterol 602.8 mg
- Sodium 1002.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 97.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bel paese cheese