Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from a Gordon Ramsay recipe from the Costco Connection magazine.
Make and share this Stuffed Chicken Breasts Wrapped in Sage and Prosciutto recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large chicken breasts (about 170 to 200 g or 6 to 7 oz)
- 8 sage leaves
- 75 ml ricotta cheese (5 tablespoons)
- 8 slices prosciutto di Parma
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Cut deep slit along one side of each chicken breast and open it out like a book.
- Mince 4 sage leaves, mix into ricotta and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay 2 prosciutto slices on cutting board, overlapping them slightly.
- Put a sage leaf in middle and lay an open chicken breast on top.
- Spoon a quarter of ricotta mixture onto the middle of chicken, then fold sides together to enclose the filling.
- Now wrap prosciutto slices around the stuffed chicken breast and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Repeat with rest of chicken breasts and chill for 1 to 2 hours to firm up slightly.
- Place roasting pan in oven and set it to preheat to 180c (350F).
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. When hot, pan-fry the prosciutto-wrapped chicken, in batches if necessary, for 2 min on each side till browned.
- Lay 2 sprigs of thyme on each chicken breast and place in hot roasting pan. Cook in oven for 12 to 15 min, or until the meat feels just firm when lightly pressed.
- Cover pan with foil and rest the chicken in a warm place for 5 to 10 minute Slice each stuffed breast thickly on the diagonal and arrange on warm plates.
- Serve with steamed greens and light mashed potatoes or a zesty couscous.