Pom Pom's Note:
Adapted from a Gordon Ramsay recipe from the Costco Connection magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut deep slit along one side of each chicken breast and open it out like a book.
- 2Mince 4 sage leaves, mix into ricotta and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Lay 2 prosciutto slices on cutting board, overlapping them slightly.
- 4Put a sage leaf in middle and lay an open chicken breast on top.
- 5Spoon a quarter of ricotta mixture onto the middle of chicken, then fold sides together to enclose the filling.
- 6Now wrap prosciutto slices around the stuffed chicken breast and wrap in plastic wrap.
- 7Repeat with rest of chicken breasts and chill for 1 to 2 hours to firm up slightly.
- 8Place roasting pan in oven and set it to preheat to 180c (350F).
- 9Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. When hot, pan-fry the prosciutto-wrapped chicken, in batches if necessary, for 2 min on each side till browned.
- 10Lay 2 sprigs of thyme on each chicken breast and place in hot roasting pan. Cook in oven for 12 to 15 min, or until the meat feels just firm when lightly pressed.
- 11Cover pan with foil and rest the chicken in a warm place for 5 to 10 minute Slice each stuffed breast thickly on the diagonal and arrange on warm plates.
- 12Serve with steamed greens and light mashed potatoes or a zesty couscous.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Chicken Breasts Wrapped in Sage and Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.2
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.2 mg
- Sodium 106.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prosciutto di Parma
fresh thyme sprigs