1/2 Photos of Sunny's Style Homemade Pizza...on the Stone
dane thomas's Note:
When I was going to school at ASU, I was manager of a pizza and pasta joint called Sunnys. Since then the ownership has changed and last time I was there the pizza was awful but in its hey day watch out... My mom makes great dough but mine lacks so I buy a doughball for a buck down the street it's your option. Also the recipe shows for pepperoni but go nuts. Just remember, if you are using fresh spinach put it on under the cheese or it will burn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) basic pizza dough (Ball)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (Shredded)
- 1 cup pepperoni
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1Rub handful of cornmeal on stone.
- 2Put stone in oven, heat to 450.
- 3Rub flour/cornmeal onto large surface to roll pie.
- 4Roll out dough using pin or can or whatever.
- 5Transfer to pizza peel letting dough hang over sides.
- 6For Sauce, mix all sauce items in blender.
- 7Refrigerate allowing to thicken.
- 8With wooden spoon apply sauce to cover dough.
- 9Add Cheese liberally, Add toppings.
- 10Pull dough edges over to make crust
- 11Sauce should be inside crust.
- 12Turn heat down to 425 and transfer to stone.
- 13Cook 13 minutes pushing down crust twice
- 14Crust should be firm to touch.
- 15Remove and let stand 5 minutes.
- 16Cut into slices.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunny's Style Homemade Pizza...on the Stone
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.7
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 1628.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
basic pizza dough