Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I was going to school at ASU, I was manager of a pizza and pasta joint called Sunnys. Since then the ownership has changed and last time I was there the pizza was awful but in its hey day watch out... My mom makes great dough but mine lacks so I buy a doughball for a buck down the street it's your option. Also the recipe shows for pepperoni but go nuts. Just remember, if you are using fresh spinach put it on under the cheese or it will burn.
- 1 (18 ounce) basic pizza dough (Ball)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (Shredded)
- 1 cup pepperoni
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce (Prepared)
- 1 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- Rub handful of cornmeal on stone.
- Put stone in oven, heat to 450.
- Rub flour/cornmeal onto large surface to roll pie.
- Roll out dough using pin or can or whatever.
- Transfer to pizza peel letting dough hang over sides.
- For Sauce, mix all sauce items in blender.
- Refrigerate allowing to thicken.
- With wooden spoon apply sauce to cover dough.
- Add Cheese liberally, Add toppings.
- Pull dough edges over to make crust
- Sauce should be inside crust.
- Turn heat down to 425 and transfer to stone.
- Cook 13 minutes pushing down crust twice
- Crust should be firm to touch.
- Remove and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut into slices.
Okay, so I've officially determined that my pizza peel and I are not best buds, but luckily, that didn't detract from how good this pizza is. For some reason, I just can't seem to master the technique of transferring the raw pizza from peel to stone (I've even had to bake a pizza ON the peel once, which didn't work out so well for the peel, lol). My beautiful round pizza kinda ended up a bit of a crumpled mess by the time it got to the stone, thicker than it was really supposed to be, but delicious nonetheless -- good thing I like thick crust pizza, huh? I really liked how the sauce (and some cheese and toppings, to boot) ended up inside the thickest part of the crust. I had a bajillion different potential toppings on hand, but I finally decided on turkey pepperoni, sausage crumbles and fresh sliced mushrooms. Definitely a keeper for those pizza craving moments, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013