Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This pizza was created when I used my leftovers as the toppings for this great pizza! It turned out to be a total hit. Now, I make tons of variations, so, please feel free to play around with this recipe and add your own spin on it! Just remember to keep it healthy and fun! Enjoy! And please come back to comment on how your pizzas turned out! I'd love to hear about your creations!
- 1 (1 lb) whole wheat pizza dough (I get mine from Trader Joe's)
- 1⁄2 cup organic spaghetti sauce (any sauce of your choice)
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey (cooked and seasoned with taco seasoning)
- 1⁄2 cup organic black beans (TJ's)
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn (I use organic frozen corn from TJ's)
- 1⁄4 cup frozen bell peppers (red, green, and yellow...from TJ's again)
- 1 -2 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (use what you have or what you prefer.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (or according to your dough directions).
- Follow directions for dough and spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet (the parchment helps avoid sticking). I use a 9x15 baking sheet because it gives a great edge/lip for the crust, and holds all the yummy toppings on the pizza with no spills, but whatever you have will be fine. I'm sure you could do this on a stone, as well.
- Once dough is prepared, Bake dough in the oven for 5-8 minutes (or until dough is starting to brown). This helps make sure everything cooks through :).
- Remove dough from the oven, and spread a thin layer of sauce on the pizza, leaving 1/2 of an inch space all around for crust allowance.
- Evenly spread a layer of cooked ground turkey meat (seasoned with taco seasoning), frozen veggies and black beans. *Also, you could cook the veggies and beans in with the meat to add extra flavor!
- Top with as much shredded cheese as you like.
- Place pizza in oven for 10-15 minutes, or until bottom and crust are golden brown, and cheese is melted. *Time may vary depending on your oven and type of dough you use. Keep a watchful eye so it doesn't over bake =).
- Other yummy toppings for this pizza are: Spinach, mushrooms, olives, goat cheese (so good!), tomatoes -- the possibilities are endless, really. Don't be afraid to add new things to this recipe. It's pizza! Everyone LOVES pizza, right?!
Yum--great idea for a different pizza! We served it with cilantro and sour cream on the side, and it was delicious. We also put tomatoes and onions on it.
Yum, yum, yummy!! I was a little sceptical at first but decided to give it a try. I added flax seed meal to the outside of the crust and had myself a pizza that pleased the entire family... we all had seconds!! Thanks for posting, I'll definately be making this again!