1/1 Photo of Suzanne's Easy Pasta Primavera
St. Louie Suzie's Note:
I came up with this recipe when I was hungry for a lighter pasta dish with lots of veggies, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time chopping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion (coarsely chopped)
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 14 1/2 ounces tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, drained (basil, garlic, oregano)
- 2 1/4 ounces sliced olives, drained
- 6 -8 leaves fresh basil, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese (for topping)
- 1Heat olive oil in large saute pan or wok over medium low heat.
- 2When oil is heated, carefully add garlic and onions to pan and cook until tender.
- 3Prepare frozen broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix according to package directions, then add to pan.
- 4Add tomatoes, olives, basil, salt and pepper to pan and cook until all is heated through.
- 5Add cooked pasta to pan and stir until well blended with vegetables.
- 6Serve on a plate and top with grated parmesan.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Suzanne's Easy Pasta Primavera
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.0
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 652.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano