I came up with this recipe when I was hungry for a lighter pasta dish with lots of veggies, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time chopping.
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 medium yellow onion (coarsely chopped)
- 340.19 g frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 411.06 g tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, drained (basil, garlic, oregano)
- 63.78 g sliced olives, drained
- 6-8 leaf fresh basil, sliced into thin strips
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 226.79 g penne pasta, cooked
- 118.29 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese (for topping)
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan or wok over medium low heat.
- When oil is heated, carefully add garlic and onions to pan and cook until tender.
- Prepare frozen broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix according to package directions, then add to pan.
- Add tomatoes, olives, basil, salt and pepper to pan and cook until all is heated through.
- Add cooked pasta to pan and stir until well blended with vegetables.
- Serve on a plate and top with grated parmesan.