1/1 Photo of Sweet Pasta for Dinner or Dessert
Recipe Reader's Note:
This is from Giada De Laurentis - slightly modified. It is really tasty. If you like the flavors of chocolate and orange - this is for you! I know - it's pasta and seems strange, but really - just try it! You can use less chocolate for a garnish or the full amount for a fuller chocolate flavor. I added the full amount (actually used mini semi-sweet morsels) and served the pasta as a dessert course. I also used a very large orange and added a bit more honey during the heating process.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- 2In a large, heavy skillet heat the cream, zests, honey, and salt over medium heat, being careful not to boil the cream. Stir occasionally for about 4 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, add the pasta to the pot of boiling water and cook until tender, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Drain the pasta and it to the skillet with the cream sauce.
- 5Add the lemon juice and stir to combine.
- 6Place the pasta in serving dishes. Shave chocolate directly on top pasta (use a vegetable peeler) and sprinkle with hazelnuts, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Pasta for Dinner or Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.3
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 48.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 9.0 g