1 hr 15 mins
Aunty Dotty's Note:
I took this from a lasagna packet and slightly modified - the original called for pumpkin but I wanted a lower GI meal. Try both sometime. Also, you could really take the total weight of veggies and make up whatever mix you felt like. BTW, this is a really filling meal! If anyone freezes this let me know how it works too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2To make bechamel, melt butter in a pan over low heat.
- 3Stir in flour and cook for one minute.
- 4Remove from heat, add bay leaves and nutmeg and gradually stir in milk - I use a whisk from here.
- 5Return to low heat and keep whisking and stirring for about 5 minutes, should thicken nicely. Put aside, season and remove bay leaves.
- 6Now heat oil in a large frypan and add onion and garlic.
- 7Cook over med heat about 2 minutes, then add sweet potato. Cook another 3 minutes.
- 8Add mushrooms, oregano and zucchini and cook another 5 minutes til veggies are just softening. Remove from heat and add tomatoes and paste.
- 9To assemble, place half the veggie mix in the bottom of a large shallow oven dish. ( I used a 26cm x 20cm dish, 5cm deep and it was only just big enough! ).
- 10Top with 1/3 lasagna sheets, cover with all the ricotta and 1/4 the parmesan.
- 11Top with another 1/3 lasagna sheets, cover with other half veggies and 1/4 parmesan.
- 12Top with rest of lasagna sheets, cover with the bechamel and rest of parmesan - make sure completely covered.
- 13Bake for 45 minutes or until nicely golden and tender.
- 14Serve with a big crunchy salad!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Ricotta Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (578 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 974.4
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 113.6 mg
- Sodium 977.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 40.0 g