1/4 Photos of Swiss Cheese Frittata With Potatoes and Caramelized Onions
I found this recipe online and it sounds so good, so posting for safe keeping until I get around to making it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 drop water, as needed
For the Frittata
- 1In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often and adding water by the drop, to avoid scoorching, until onions are very soft and deep golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Add in the vinegar and sugar and reduce until the onions are glazed. Keep warm.
- 2Parboil the potatoes in salted water 3/4 of the way done, about 15 minutes, and then drain and cool until able to handle. Cut them into 1/4 inch cubes.
- 3In a 9-10 inch ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook, uncovered, turning occasionally, until they are browned, 12-15 minutes. Spread potatoes out evenly in skillet.
- 4Position the broiler rack about 6 inches from the source of heat and preheat the broiler.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, rosemary (if using), the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, caramelized onions and half the cheese until well-combined. Pour over the potatoes and reduce the heat to medium-low. Using a rubber spatula, lift up the cooked part of the frittata and tilt the skillet to allow the uncooked eggs to run underneath. Continue cooking, occasionally lifting the frittata and tilting the skillet as described until the top is almost set, approximately 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil until the frittata is puffed and the top is set,.
- 6approximately 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Cheese Frittata With Potatoes and Caramelized Onions
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.6
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 519.4 mg
- Sodium 1012.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 31.2 g