1/4 Photos of Swordfish Spiedini - Giada De Laurentiis
This is another wonderful recipe from Giada De Laurentiis's Family Dinners cookbook. It is so simple and tastes great. You can substitute halibut for the swordfish and bacon for the pancetta. We serve it with grilled veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon herbes de provence (in the spice section of the grocery store)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs swordfish steaks, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 slices pancetta, thin slices
- 6 skewers (metal or wooden, but soak the wooden for 30 minutes in water)
- 1Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium-high heat or preheat a ridged grill pan over medium-high heat.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk the oil, herbes de province, salt and pepper to blend.
- 3Add the swordfish cubes and toss to coat.
- 4Thread the swordfish cubes alternately with 1 slice of pancetta onto each of the skewers, wrapping the pancetta around the fish cubes as you go.
- 5Grill the skewers until the swordfish is just opaque in the center and the pancetta is crisp, about 8 minutes, turning and brushing often with the remaining marinade.
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swordfish Spiedini - Giada De Laurentiis
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 296.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 22.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence