1/1 Photo of Swordfish With Lemon, Garlic and Olive Oil
4 hrs 6 mins
This recipe is Italian but with the ingredients used, it could be part of a Greek menu as well. Use the maximum marinating time for the best flavour. From "Williams-Sonoma Italian Favourites".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine the lemon juice and olive oil.
- 2Place the swordfish cubes in a shallow glass dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Pour about 1/3 cup of the olive oil and lemon mixture over the fish and toss to coat evenly.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- 5Add the garlic and oregano to the remaining olive oil and lemon mixture.
- 6Set aside to use as a sauce.
- 7Preheat the broiler or fire up the barbecue.
- 8Cut the onion through the stem end into quarters and separate each quarter into individual pieces.
- 9Alternate the swordfish cubes with the onion pieces and bay leaves on skewers.
- 10Arrange the skewers on a broiler pan or on the grill rack.
- 11Broil or grill, turning once, until the fish is opaque throughout when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 3 minutes on each side.
- 12Serve hot, garnished with lemon slices and accompanied by the reserved sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swordfish With Lemon, Garlic and Olive Oil
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.7
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 154.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 34.0 g