Tee Lee's Note:
The original recipe calls for eating these sandwiches cold, but we prefer to grill them on our George Foreman grill or in a frying pan. Hot or cold, it is a quick way to make a tasty meal! Perfect for those hot summer days or when you're just in a hurry. Low-fat cheese and dressing can lighten up the recipe without sacraficing flavor.
My Private Note
pita ha ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1/3 cup giardiniera, drained (Italian pickled vegetables)
- 2 ounces provolone cheese, sliced and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 pita pockets, halved and gently opened
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce or 8 leaves red leaf lettuce
- cooking spray (optional)
- 1Combine chicken, pickled vegetables, cheese, parsley, dressing and oregano in medium bowl; mix well.
- 2Line each half with lettuce leaf. Divide chicken mixture evenly among pita pockets.
- 3Eat cold, or spray pita halves with cooking spray and lightly brown on an indoor grill or in a frying pan.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Italian Chicken Pitas
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.2
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.2 mg
- Sodium 512.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: