1/2 Photos of The Best Baked Ziti
Jenny Frenny's Note:
The best recipe I have tried!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dry ziti pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1.5 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) package provolone cheese, sliced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- 2Fill a large pot with water, add a teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cook pasta as the package directs until al dente, then drain.
- 3Heat the olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until tender. Add the rosemary and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes more then remove from pan and hold in a small bowl.
- 4Cook ground beef and sausage in the pan until done.
- 5Return the onion mixture and the spaghetti sauce to the pan. Add salt to taste. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- 6In greased baking dish, spoon 1/2 of the cooked pasta, provolone cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, 1/2 of the meat sauce. Then repeat layering the rest of the ingredients in the same order: pasta, mozzarella cheese, and remaining meat sauce. Top with parmesan cheese.
- 7Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.9
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 733.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 22.0 g