Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
The best recipe I have tried!
Make and share this The Best Baked Ziti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dry ziti pasta
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1.5 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) package provolone cheese, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Fill a large pot with water, add a teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cook pasta as the package directs until al dente, then drain.
- Heat the olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until tender. Add the rosemary and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes more then remove from pan and hold in a small bowl.
- Cook ground beef and sausage in the pan until done.
- Return the onion mixture and the spaghetti sauce to the pan. Add salt to taste. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- In greased baking dish, spoon 1/2 of the cooked pasta, provolone cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, 1/2 of the meat sauce. Then repeat layering the rest of the ingredients in the same order: pasta, mozzarella cheese, and remaining meat sauce. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.
Yum!! I followed the recipe and it turned out great! This is definitely a keeper.
Followed recipe - everyone loved it!
this is soooooooooooooo good! i used greek yogurt instead of sour cream and half the ziti to cut down on the carbs. and i agree...it is the best baked ziti!