From Dom DeLuise. Be sure not to overcook the eggs. The original does not say what kind of grated cheese to use on top. I chose Parmesan, but you can use whatever you want. Serve with hot Italian bread.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and add the potato. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sausage casings and crumble meat into the pan. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned.
- Add onion and peppers. Cook until onion is softened and potatoes are done.
- Beat eggs, milk and oregano together.
- Add egg mixture, tomato and mozzarella all at once.
- Reduce heat and cook, stirring lightly, until eggs are soft and fluffy.
- Top with grated cheese and parsley.