1/5 Photos of The Italian Scramble
From Dom DeLuise. Be sure not to overcook the eggs. The original does not say what kind of grated cheese to use on top. I chose Parmesan, but you can use whatever you want. Serve with hot Italian bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 1Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and add the potato. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 2Remove sausage casings and crumble meat into the pan. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned.
- 3Add onion and peppers. Cook until onion is softened and potatoes are done.
- 4Beat eggs, milk and oregano together.
- 5Add egg mixture, tomato and mozzarella all at once.
- 6Reduce heat and cook, stirring lightly, until eggs are soft and fluffy.
- 7Top with grated cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Italian Scramble
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.8
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 416.4 mg
- Sodium 976.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 29.5 g