Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This vinaigrette comes from Hooters, the recipe coming from the Top Secret Restaurant Recipes cookbook. So choose your own favorite pasta salad ingredients and use this dressing for a winning combination.
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (freshly milled)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄16 teaspoon onion powder
- Blend with a mixer on high for about a minute -- it should be creamy and thick in appearance.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so before using.
- Note: the onion powder quantity is actually a "dash".
Pretty good. Nice flavor developed after about an hour and the salad was very good. I used the white part of green onions in place of the shallots.
This recipe tastes EXACTLY like Hooters' pasta salad dressing. Fantastic and so easy to make!