1 hr 5 mins
After reading a recipe in EveryDay with Rachael Ray, I made a few adjustments to suit what I had on hand and what we prefer and came up with this. We loved it! Its a little lighter than regular manicotti because of the crepe noodles. And they are very easy to make. Do not be intimidated by the non-use of store bought manicotti.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese or 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 lb hamburger
- 3/4 lb Italian sausage
- 1 (26 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella, italian seasoning and milk. Note: If you use ricotta cheese, please increase milk to 2 tablespoons.
- 2Brown hamburger and italian sausage. Drain and return to pan. Stir in spaghetti sauce and evaporated milk. Set aside.
- 3In a bowl, whisk the eggs and water. Whisk in the flour.
- 4Heat a greased 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Ladle 1/4 cup batter into the pan, swirling to cover the surface of the pan. Cook for 1 minute, flip and cook for 1 minute more. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing the skillet after each crepe. Stack the crepes on a plate.
- 5Spread half of the meat sauce into a 9x13 baking dish. Spoon the cheese mixture down the center of each crepe; roll closed. Arrange crepes in baking dish and cover with remaining meat sauce and cheeses. Bake for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Cheese Manicotti - Crepe Style
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 934.6
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 289.5 mg
- Sodium 2534.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 67.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: