1/1 Photo of Tia's Crock Pot Spicy Chicken Cacciatore
6 hrs 20 mins
Lazy Chef 2's Note:
I made this up out of several different recipes. Since we love things fairly spicy it took humdrum to very nice spice!!! Note that I do not brown chicken first...just toss it in the crock pot. Also...I am not very good about measuring...although since zaar membership I am trying harder....so always taste to decide if you need more of a spice. I am also not sure of the crock pot cooking time as I am at home checking it and stirring occasionally...will try and get that down better next time I make it. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 lbs skinless chicken breasts, with ribs, washed and dried
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic (or more if desired)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce (I use Classico spicy red pepper and their spicy basil combined)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 6 -7 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon Pickapeppa Sauce (optional)
- 1 small zucchini, diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
- 4 tablespoons chilled butter
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1Place chicken in crock pot bone side up.
- 2Add all seasonings and vegetables on top of chicken, including the optionals if using stop at the butter.
- 3Then add the 2 jars of pasta sauce on top. I cook on high for 3-4 hours depending on how thick the chicken breasts are, stirring occasionally.
- 4When the internal temperature reaches 180°F using a meat thermometer, I remove the chicken and debone, placing meat back into the sauce.
- 5I then add the butter, whipping cream and continue to cook for another hour on warm.
- 6About 10 minutes before serving, I add the parmesan cheese.
- 7Serve over pasta or I use extra wide egg noodles with warm crusty bread!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tia's Crock Pot Spicy Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.0
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 141.4 mg
- Sodium 1496.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 54.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
Old Bay Seasoning