My son is a picky, picky eater and when I make this he eats it all! Every last piece. There is never any leftovers. Its easy and simple! We have taken it to parties, camping trips, picnics and have it at home about once a week. It is a huge hit and I am always handing out the recipe! Great with garlic bread in a work lunch too!!!! :) Enjoy!
- 1 lb cooked spiral shaped pasta (Fuselli, Rotini or Scooby Doo)
- 1⁄2 cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced and drained
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar (Red or White)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 dashes pepper
- Cook Pasta as per package directions. Drain and rinse with COLD water for a few minutes.
- Wash, Dry and dice veggies while pasta is cooking.
- Pour pasta into a large bowl and add diced veggies and olives.
- In a jar (with lid) mix vinegar, oil and spices. Put lid on the jar and shake it well for about 3 minutes. Pour over veggie/pasta mixture and toss well (bowl with a secure lid is perfect for this).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!
Delish! I loved this pasta! Very simple to put together and super tasty! I forgot to put in the black olives and didn't notice this until we were finished eating. It would be great with them though! This is a very versatile dish, nice and light for summer, potlucks, or whatever. I used the red wine vinegar. I would make this again for sure. Thanks so much! Made for Spring PAC 2009