A flavorful italian recipe. Even my husband who doesn't usually like fish thought it was excellent. The fish is poached in "crazy water" with lemons, capers, fresh garlic and thyme.
- In a medium pot or pan, fry the lemon slices and capers in the olive oil for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the lemons and capers and set aside.
- Using the same pan, cook the garlic, chili powder and 1/4 cup of the water.
- Let simmer until water is gone.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup water, tomatoes, wine, thyme, and salt and bring to boil.
- Throw fish into"crazy water", reduce heat and let simmer with lid on, about 8 minutes.
- Remove fish to shallow serving bowls.
- Boil"crazy water" on high for a few minutes to reduce.
- Garnish the fish with lemon slices and capers.
- Drizzle the crazy water over the fish and serve immediately.
I made this recipe exactly as written, except I used a little more tomato than what it called for (because I needed to use some up). No bitterness from the lemon. I am sure this recipe is going to be one I'll go to often. I loved everything about it! I put it together when I got home from work and I served it over white rice that I had made previously (I steamed it back to soft and fluffiness). Just perfect!!
This is very good. The fish was cooked perfect and I loved the capers and tomatoes. I agree that next time I don't think I'll fry the lemons but maybe sprinkle some lemon juice over the fish once it's plated. I served this with buttered green beans. Thanks.
This was ok. I'm not a real big fan of sea-beasties, but thought I'd give this a shot. I agree with one of the reviews, I prefer fish to be breaded and fried crispy. Thanks for posting. My husband really liked it.