1/2 Photos of Tilapia in "Crazy Water"
A flavorful italian recipe. Even my husband who doesn't usually like fish thought it was excellent. The fish is poached in "crazy water" with lemons, capers, fresh garlic and thyme.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium pot or pan, fry the lemon slices and capers in the olive oil for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- 2Remove the lemons and capers and set aside.
- 3Using the same pan, cook the garlic, chili powder and 1/4 cup of the water.
- 4Let simmer until water is gone.
- 5Add the remaining 1/2 cup water, tomatoes, wine, thyme, and salt and bring to boil.
- 6Throw fish into"crazy water", reduce heat and let simmer with lid on, about 8 minutes.
- 7Remove fish to shallow serving bowls.
- 8Boil"crazy water" on high for a few minutes to reduce.
- 9Garnish the fish with lemon slices and capers.
- 10Drizzle the crazy water over the fish and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tilapia in "Crazy Water"
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 837.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 26.8 g