This Toasted Almond tiramisu is much lower in fat, no coffee, no raw eggs and is a no bake, easy to make, delish dessert. Soft ladyfingers can be found in the bakery or the frozen-food section of the supermarket.
- 1 cup cold water
- 14 ounces fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup Amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 24 ladyfingers, packages (2 (3-ounce)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted crushed almonds, divided
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender and blend till mixed.
- Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Combine water, and Amaretto. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise.
- Arrange 1/3 of the ladyfinger halves, flat sides down, in a trifle bowl or large glass bowl. Drizzle with 1/3 of Amaretto/water mixture. Spread one-third of pudding mixture evenly over ladyfingers; sprinkle with 1/3 toasted almonds. Repeat layers, ending with toasted almonds. Cover and chill for 8 hours.
Rita - thank you for this wonderful dessert. The taste is rich and very satisfying and I'm so glad to have discovered this low-fat/low-cal version of one of my favourite sweet treats!
Great dessert. I cut one star due to the fact that I believe that the recipe calls for too much Amaretto. Although I used less than what was called for, it was still too strong. My holiday guests all agreed. Will make again with an adjustment. Thank you.
This is wonderful! It is hard to believe that it is low in fat because it sure doesn't taste like it at all. I scaled down the recipe to only make 10 servings. This is really a great dessert to make for dinner guests, especially after an Italian dinner. Thanks for sharing, Rita.