1/3 Photos of Tomato and Garlic Crouton Salad
Recipe courtesy Brian Boitano 2009--Show: What Would Brian Boitano Make?Episode: Handyman Special. Brian was a skating Olymipic champion who loves to cook and now has his own show. He served this to get into a supper club. What a hoot to watch Brian make his dishes. This one caught my eye!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 loaf ciabatta, cut into small cubes (or any rustic artisan bread)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 cups red grape tomatoes, sliced in half (or use yellow and pear or roma)
- 1 cup sliced kalamata olive
- 8 ounces perlini mozzarella cheese (small mozzarella balls)
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a small skillet over medium-low heat, add 3 tablespoons olive oil, the butter, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook to infuse the butter and oil with the garlic, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add the cubed bread to a large bowl, pour the butter and garlic mixture over the bread and toss to coat. Transfer to a sheet tray and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 4In a small bowl whisk together the remaining olive oil and red wine vinegar and set aside.
- 5In a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, mozzarella, croutons, basil, and the oil and vinegar mixture. Gently toss to coat all the tomatoes and croutons. Let the salad sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Garlic Crouton Salad
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.0
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 459.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: