Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I think these taste even better than the panera panini, and super easy to make.
Make and share this Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwiches [panera Taste-A-Like] recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes or 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (packed in a jar)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- bread, of some variety
- chop up the shallot and garlic and saute it in olive oil over medium low heat.
- add the green onions and sun dried tomatoes and after they are heated, mix in your diced tomatoes and basil.
- after everything is all hot, mixed up, awesome smelling, and most of the liquid has evaporated, then take it off the heat, add the balsamic vinegar and stir.
- now, put your fresh mozzerella on your bread and put it under the broiler until its all melted and delicious looking, and top it with some of the tomato filling and of course another piece of bread because its a sandwich.