Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick, easy and healthy!
Make and share this Tomato Basil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Strain tomatoes (reserving juices) and put on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper and add 1/4 cup of the water.
- Roast about 15 minutes or until caramelized.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan cook the celery, carrot, onion and garlic in the remain 1/2 cup of water on medium low heat for about 10 minutes (or until tender).
- Add roasted tomatoes, juices, broth, bay leaf and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add basil (and some tomato paste if you like a thicker soup).
- Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Put in blender (you might have to work in batches) and blend until smooth.
- Serve hot or cold depending on taste!