Chef #918194's Note:
Quick, easy and healthy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Strain tomatoes (reserving juices) and put on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
- 3Season with salt and pepper and add 1/4 cup of the water.
- 4Roast about 15 minutes or until caramelized.
- 5Meanwhile, in a saucepan cook the celery, carrot, onion and garlic in the remain 1/2 cup of water on medium low heat for about 10 minutes (or until tender).
- 6Add roasted tomatoes, juices, broth, bay leaf and 2 tablespoons of water.
- 7Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- 8Add basil (and some tomato paste if you like a thicker soup).
- 9Simmer another 5 minutes.
- 10Put in blender (you might have to work in batches) and blend until smooth.
- 11Serve hot or cold depending on taste!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Basil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g