2 hrs 20 mins
This was based on another recipe I found here on Recipezaar - I made some adaptations to suit my personal taste (and replace an ingredient I couldn't find at my local grocery) and it turned out really well. I hope others enjoy this as much as my husband and I have!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces cheese tortellini
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups tomato soup with basil (Campbell's Select Gold Label Italian Tomato with Basil and Garlic Soup)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute or 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1Heat olive oil over high heat in a large soup pot.
- 2Add the onion, celery, and carrots; saute until the onions turn clear.
- 3Add in the soup, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, sugar substitute and water; bring to a boil.
- 4Turn down to low heat and allow to simmer for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 5Add spinach, tortellini and basil; bring back up to a low boil and cook 7-10 minutes or until the tortellini are tender.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Florentine Soup
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.9 mg
- Sodium 691.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato soup with basil