Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this one day when trying to use up ingredients I already had. The pine nuts give the salad a great, nutty flavour and add a bit of crunch to the texture. Serves 4 as a side dish. Update: I have added some olive oil to the pasta salad to moisten it up a bit, based on a review.
- 2 cups dry pasta (penne, fusilli or bow-tie work best)
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons very finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, cut the mozzarella into small cubes and quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and rinse it in cold water until the pasta is cold. Drain it again.
- Mix the pesto sauce, olive oil and parmesan in with the pasta.
- In a large serving bowl, mix the pasta with the mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts over the top and serve.
This has the potential to be 5 stars. I love the ingredients but it is missing something. I thought red onion but it may be too strong. Maybe Kalamato olives?! This is a dry salad. You need to add something to make it moist. I can't figure that one out either. I would recommend putting the parmesan cheese on top of the salad. Thanks Shuzbud