I came up with this one day when trying to use up ingredients I already had. The pine nuts give the salad a great, nutty flavour and add a bit of crunch to the texture. Serves 4 as a side dish. Update: I have added some olive oil to the pasta salad to moisten it up a bit, based on a review.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, cut the mozzarella into small cubes and quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and rinse it in cold water until the pasta is cold. Drain it again.
- Mix the pesto sauce, olive oil and parmesan in with the pasta.
- In a large serving bowl, mix the pasta with the mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts over the top and serve.