1/3 Photos of Tomato-Mozzarella Tagliatelle Timballo
1 hr 45 mins
I subscribe to a neat magazine called "The Week", which is the weekly version of "USA Today" There is always a recipe which is different from anything we usually eat. Loved the looks of this - was a tad daunted by the ingredient list, but after setting up everything before starting, went together easily. Made a lot for 2, but re-heated nicely. I always use more grated cheese in recipes, than listed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes in puree
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 anchovies, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 3/4 cup parmigiano, grated and divided
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 12 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic and saute til aromatic, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Finely crush tomatoes and add to pan with puree.
- 4Stir in tomato paste, anchovies,and red pepper flakes,.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Cook 20 minutes, stirring often.
- 7While sauce cooks, bring large pot of water to rolling boil, and add salt.
- 8Add tagliatelle and cook according to package directions, until not quite al dente.
- 9Drain well, turn into large bowl.
- 10Toss with 2 TBSP butter to keep noodles from sticking together.
- 11Add tomato sauce, olives, and 1/2 cup grated cheese to pasta.
- 12Mix well to distribute ingredients evenly.
- 13Set aside until cooled.
- 14Heat oven to 300°F.
- 15Use remaining butter to thickly grease 9-inch springform pan.
- 16Dust with Panko, coating bottom and sides of pan.
- 17Add mozzarella to pasta mixture, again mixing well to distribute cheese.
- 18Scrape pasta into prepared pan, pressing to compact, and smoothing top.
- 19Sprinkle with remaining grated cheese.
- 20Bake 45 minutes.
- 21Let stand 10 minutes.
- 22Run a thin spatula around inside rim of pan to loosen.
- 23Remove springform.
- 24Using sharp knife, cut in wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Mozzarella Tagliatelle Timballo
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.4
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 594.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
plum tomatoes in puree