Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oh my gosh! You may not be able to stay away from this appetizer plate. My neighbor from Chicago gave me this recipe a few days ago - it is to die for! If you want to be the hit of the party, take this with you! The red, green, and white colors make for a gorgeous presentation.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, spread
- 6 ounces basil pesto
- chopped nuts, of your choice (optional)
- Cut the cream cheese in half heightwise and place one half on a plate.
- Spread a layer of tomato spread on top of cream cheese.
- Spread a layer of pesto on top of tomato spread.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with chopped nuts, if desired.
- Serve with crackers or toasted sliced baguettes.
Oh so yummy! I made this to serve at a church meeting and everyone gobbled it up! Definitely a keeper! It was very easy to make but made for a very impressive presentation! Thanks for this great post! The only variation I made is that I made garlic toast to serve this on. I sliced french bread to make snack sized peices, then I spread them on a broiler pan, drizzled olive oil over them, and then sprinkeld them with garlic, parsley, and a touch of paprika. Flavors blended nicely.
Colors of the Italian flag on this appetizer reflect the wonderful flavor that awaits you. I made a deconstructed version made individually on toasted ciabatta slices. The full cheese block version must be very attractive as well. I used fat free cream cheese with terrific results. An amazing, yet simple, appetizer.