1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is an Italian holiday classic, but it's one that I will make all year. The sun-dried tomatoes supply a tangy sensation that complements the milder flavors of the quiche very well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) package deep-dish refrigerated all-ready pie crusts
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1Preheat the oven to 425. You can use the piecrust pan provided, or place one crust in a 9-inh pie pan for better presentation. Leave the other piecrust out to thaw.
- 2Lightly beat 1 egg; brush half the egg over bottom of crust and set the rest aside to use later on the top of the crust.
- 3In a large bowl, combine remaining eggs, ricotta, Asiago, and Parmesan cheese and basix; mix until well blended.
- 4Stir in spinach, bread crumbs and tomatoes.
- 5Scrape mixture into prepared piecrust; smooth top to make and even layer.
- 6Place second piecrust over filling.
- 7Brush remaining egg over the top.
- 8Flute edge and seal.
- 9Bake pie 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375; bake 20 minutes longer, or until golden brown.
- 10Cool on a wire rack at least 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Torta Rustica (Spinach , Tomato & Cheese Quiche)
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.3
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 188.5 mg
- Sodium 799.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: