1/2 Photos of Tortellini With a Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce
A friend gave me this recipe after she went on and on about how fabulous and easy it is. I have not tried it, but based on her comments, I think it will be good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs cheese tortellini, cooked
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped for topping
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese, Freshly-grated for topping
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, peeled crushed drained (canned)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, mashed
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly-grated
- 1Prepare tortellini as directed on package.
- 2Chop tomatoes in chunky pieces.
- 3Blend bouillon with basil, parsley and pepper into the tomatoes.
- 4Saute the garlic in olive oil until just white.
- 5Add to the sauce and bring just to a simmer.
- 6When sauce is hot, add the cream to a non-aluminum skillet and bring to a slow boil and add the hot tomato sauce and cheese.
- 7Stir well and blend the tortellini into the pan of tomato basil cream sauce.
- 8Serve, topped with parsley and cheese.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini With a Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1024.9
- Calories from Fat 634
- Total Fat 70.4 g
- Saturated Fat 35.8 g
- Cholesterol 229.9 mg
- Sodium 1289.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 26.0 g