1/2 Photos of Tortellini With Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
If you can't get enough garlic, then I urge you to try this easy recipe. Cook time does include the time it takes to roast the garlic. I guarantee you will be safe from vampires after consuming this dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2To roast your garlic, cut off the tops of the heads to expose the cloves (using a serrated knife will make this much easier).
- 3Place the heads in a square of aluminum foil with the head facing up.
- 4Drizzle with 1 or 2 tablespoons olive oil (2 tbsp for 2 heads).
- 5Seal the foil and roast for 1 hour.
- 6Let cool, and then separate heads into cloves and squeeze each clove to extract the garlic.
- 7Place the roasted garlic into a blender or food processor.
- 8Add the 1 tablespoon remaining olive oil and 1/4 cup cream and whirl until garlic is pulverized.
- 9Add the rest of the cream, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- 10Whirl to combine.
- 11Sauce will be thick at this point. Set aside.
- 12Cook the pasta until al dente; drain.
- 13Melt the butter in a skillet.
- 14Add the pasta and toss with the butter until coated.
- 15Add the sauce, cook and stir until sauce becomes thin.
- 16Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 17Serve immediately with extra Parmesan cheese on top to desired taste.
- 18To make this a more substantial meal, you could add chopped cooked chicken or shrimp, broccoli or peas.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini With Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.6
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 142.9 mg
- Sodium 492.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 18.5 g