Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 13 mins
Italian cookie good with coffee or vanilla ice cream.
Make and share this Triple Chocolate Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temp)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- Line large baking sheet with double thickness of foil.
- Sift in salt, baking powder, cocoa and flour into a large bowl to blend.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and then vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate and white chocolate chips by hand.
- Heap dough into two long strips.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes (until tops are cracked).
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300°.
- Using foil as an aide, lift logs onto work surface.
- Cut logs into 3/4 in pieces; arrange half of slices (cut side down) on each prepare baking sheet.
- Bake biscotti until just dry to touch (about 8 minutes).
- Turn biscotti and bake again for another 8 minutes.
Two things: I added 1/2 cup sugar. It was good idea. Also, I used my Airbake cookie sheet with cooking spray, and I had no trouble with overbaking OR removing them from the pan. It did take longer for them to "crisp", though. These were great. I'm making them for Christmas gifts!
Excellent job. I use almonds instead of the white chocolate. You do have to be really careful about the cooking time...
These are good - I've made them twice now. I didn't use foil, just sprayed 2 cookie sheets, and had no problem with moving them off and on. Also I added about 1/4 c of sugar to sweeten them up the second time around. The directions were a bit iffy, not sure about butter - I creamed it and then added the eggs and vanilla. Thanks for a nice recipe.