1 hr 5 mins
What could be better than the creamy smoothness of risotto with a hint of truffle combined with the elegance of lobster. If you need, or want, a show-off entree this is perfect for guests or that romantic dinner. There seems to be alot to this recipe but the result is worth it. I have prepared this using both warm and cold water lobster tails and I prefer the cold for its sweetness. For the truffle oil I have only used the black variety. This recipe is courtesy of Bon Appetit, January 1998
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425F or 218°C.
- 2Prepare Lobster:.
- 3Cook lobster in a large pot of simmering salted water until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 4Transfer lobster to a bowl of cold water to cool. Drain Lobster.
- 5Remove meat from shells, reserve shells.
- 6Cut meat into 1/2" to 3/4" pieces. Set aside.
- 7Break shells into large pieces. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- 8Place shells and 1 cup of chicken broth in blender and blend until finely chopped. Strain through a fine sieve. Reserve lobster broth, discard shells.
- 9Prepare Risotto:.
- 10Place remaining 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth in a sauce pan bring to a simmer, keep hot.
- 11Heat 1 tablespoon of truffle oil in a heavy large sauce pan over medium heat.
- 12Add carrots and shallots, saute for 2 minutes.
- 13Add rice, stir to coat with oil, saute for 2 minutes.
- 14Add brandy, reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until brandy is absorbed, stirring constantly. About 2 minutes.
- 15Add lobster broth and about 2 cups of chicken broth, simmer until rice is just tender and mixture is creamy. Add remaining broth by 1/4 cup as needed, stiring often, about 20 minutes.
- 16Add lobster and cream, stir until heated through.
- 17Remove from heat.
- 18Stir in 2 tablespoons of truffle oil and chives.
- 19Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Truffled Lobster Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.0 mg
- Sodium 716.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: