Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This makes a great main dish in the summer, or can be used as a side dish any time. It makes a great alternative to pasta salads when you're trying to be carb-conscious, and is very high in fiber. Servings are based on use as a side dish, and cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can white beans, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- Combine lemon juice through pepper; stir well with a whisk.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving to allow flavours to blend.