1/1 Photo of Tuscan Bread Salad
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This is a great salad that's easy to prepare, and it's a great way to use up any day old bread you might have leftover. Please don't be restricted to the dressing listed here. Feel free to toss salad with any Italian, or oil and vinegar based dressing of your choice. A balsamic vinaigrette works great with this too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices crusty Italian bread (day old preferred) or 4 slices sourdough bread, cut about 1/2 inch thick (day old preferred)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper, roasted and cut into strips
- 1/4 chopped fresh basil
- 1Toast bread slices under broiler for about 4 minutes on each side.
- 2Remove slices and rub with garlic cloves.
- 3Prepare dressing by whisking ingredients together in a small bowl, and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 4Cut bread slices into small cubes and add them to a serving bowl.
- 5Next add the tomatoes, beans, roasted pepper and basil.
- 6Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- 7Let salad rest about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Bread Salad
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.4
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: