Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Easy to make and a great way to use up leftover chicken. This recipe has a lot of great tastes going on. Came from a blog site.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded and finely chopped
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, divided
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (not miracle whip, please )
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped roasted red pepper, drained
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix chicken, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, mayo, egg, pesto, honey mustard, peppers and red onion. Using 1/3 cup measure shape chicken into 8 cakes /patties.
- Lightly coat each cake in the remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in pan over high heat. Add cakes and cook until golden brown. About 3 minutes each side. Drain on paper towels and enjoy.
Made this tonight and it was gobbled up by both my 2 and 5 year old!! Hurrah!!