We love to have this out on the back porch in the summer if the mosquitoes aren't hungrier than we are! You, of course, can have it anytime of year you want. Very simple and clean flavors. A green salad, crusty garlic bread, and crisp white wine make a classic meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (16 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 3 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp (tail left on)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- best-quality extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1Combine all bean ingredients and heat on medium low.
- 2While the beans are simmering, heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- 3Add the shrimp, season with salt and cook for about 1-3 minutes, tossing frequently until shrimp turns pink and begins to curl. Don't overcook! If you using pre-cooked shrimp, you basically are just browning them a bit.
- 4Remove the shrimp to a bowl.
- 5Add the garlic to the pan and saute until the garlic browns.
- 6Add the pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- 7Add the tomato and basil and stir briefly, then add the lemon juice.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Cook for about 1 minute, and then stir in the shrimp. Toss well and cook briefly to reheat the shrimp.
- 10Spoon the white beans on a platter or individual plates.
- 11Drizzle with the best olive oil you have.
- 12Top with shrimp mixture.
- 13Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Shrimp With White Beans, Tomatoes and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.8
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 129.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 38.2 g