1/1 Photo of Tuscan Soup (Ribollita Con Verdure) Rachael Ray
This is Rachael Ray's recipe. It is a traditional thick Italian soup with delicious flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (plus some for drizzling)
- 4 slices pancetta (or bacon)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (fine chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thin slices
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1/2 lb stale bread, torn into pieces
- 2 (15 ounce) cans small white beans (smaller than canellini beans)
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1Heat soup pot over medium-high heat. Add oil and pancetta and render for 4 minutes. Add rosemary, garlic, 3/4 of onions, carrots, zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Saute veggies 7-8 minutes, then add wine and deglaze the pot.
- 2Stir in tomatoes and stock and bring up heat. When soup boils, reduce to a simmer and stir in bread and beans. Pile greens into pot and wilt them into the soup.
- 3Simmer 5-10 minutes, stirring soup as it simmers until it thickens to a dense stew-like consistency. A wooden spoon should be able to stand upright in pot.
- 4Turn off heat, adjust seasonings and ladle into shallow bowls. Top with grated cheese and an additional drizzle of olive oil, and a spoonful of remaining finely chopped onion.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Soup (Ribollita Con Verdure) Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (962 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.9
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 2071.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: