1/2 Photos of Twig's Pasta Fagioli (Pasta Fazool)
1 hr 10 mins
This is my version of Pasta Fagioli that I came up with by taking bits of recipes and putting them together to make what pleased my palate. I'm quite pleased with the result. This is a very thick soup. You could easily add more stock if you want a thinner soup. Feel free to substitute the beans you like best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini (or other small pasta)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in a large stock pot.
- 2Saute carrots, celery, garlic, and onion for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3Add diced tomatoes and chicken stock.
- 4Add beans and remaining spices.
- 5Simmer for 60 minutes.
- 6During the last 20 minutes of cooking, add the macaroni.
- 7When serving, top with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twig's Pasta Fagioli (Pasta Fazool)
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 292.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 13.2 g