Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe from Casa Rillo, my favorite Italian restaurant. Another way that Joey, the chef, would serve his Veal Marsala would be to add artichoke hearts, some sauteed prosciutto, and some sprinkled cheese on top. My mouth is starting to water (need to visit again soon)!
- Pound the veal to 1/4" thickness.
- Season with the juice of the lemon, but reserve one tsp.
- Put the flour and bread crumbs in a bag and add the veal to coat.
- (If you'd like, you could chill the veal at this point-for about 30 min.) In a heavy skillet over medium heat melt butter and olive oil.
- Sautee veal on either side until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- To same skillet, add sliced mushrooms, more butter, reserved lemon juice, salt, pepper,& garlic.
- Over high heat quickly saute until light color but still firm.
- Remove mushrooms and keep warm, leaving juices behind.
- To same skillet, add chicken stock and simmer over med-low heat for 5 min.
- Add wine and remove from heat, cooling slightly.
- Blend in cream and return to heat.
- Simmer till reduced to the consistency before that of syrup (about 8 min.-watch closely to make sure it doesn't burn).
- Add veal and mushrooms; heat through.
- Place veal on platter, spoon on the sauce, top with parsley, and serve.
- (Or you could serve on each individual plate).