This is a recipe from Casa Rillo, my favorite Italian restaurant. Another way that Joey, the chef, would serve his Veal Marsala would be to add artichoke hearts, some sauteed prosciutto, and some sprinkled cheese on top. My mouth is starting to water (need to visit again soon)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound the veal to 1/4" thickness.
- 2Season with the juice of the lemon, but reserve one tsp.
- 3Put the flour and bread crumbs in a bag and add the veal to coat.
- 4(If you'd like, you could chill the veal at this point-for about 30 min.) In a heavy skillet over medium heat melt butter and olive oil.
- 5Sautee veal on either side until lightly browned.
- 6Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- 7To same skillet, add sliced mushrooms, more butter, reserved lemon juice, salt, pepper,& garlic.
- 8Over high heat quickly saute until light color but still firm.
- 9Remove mushrooms and keep warm, leaving juices behind.
- 10To same skillet, add chicken stock and simmer over med-low heat for 5 min.
- 11Add wine and remove from heat, cooling slightly.
- 12Blend in cream and return to heat.
- 13Simmer till reduced to the consistency before that of syrup (about 8 min.-watch closely to make sure it doesn't burn).
- 14Add veal and mushrooms; heat through.
- 15Place veal on platter, spoon on the sauce, top with parsley, and serve.
- 16(Or you could serve on each individual plate).
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 819.1
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 34.5 g
- Cholesterol 271.8 mg
- Sodium 338.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 30.1 g