Nancy Jo's Note:
We had this dish at a supper club in Wisconsin 10 or 15 years ago, and it took me months to come up with the recipe. Actually, it took about three bites - the months were the time I spent waiting for veal to be on sale. Fortunately, with the cheese on top, you can't eat too much of it, so it doesn't take a lot of the veal. Measurements are approximate. If you're cooking for one, you can cook enough spaghetti for one serving and refrigerate half the veal mixture for reheating the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash peppers, remove seeds, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 2Clean mushrooms and slice.
- 3Remove any fat and bone from veal and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 4Put on water for spaghetti.
- 5In heavy frying pan, heat oil.
- 6Brown veal pieces on all sides.
- 7Add garlic, peppers, mushrooms, seasoning, and wine.
- 8By now, the water for the spaghetti should be boiling.
- 9Throw the spaghetti in the pot.
- 10Lower heat under frying pan and simmer while spaghetti is cooking.
- 11Drain spaghetti and place on two plates.
- 12Ladle veal, vegetables and liquid from pan over spaghetti.
- 13Top with mozzarella and microwave briefly to melt cheese.
- 14I usually serve this with a green salad and garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Scaloppine for Two
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.9
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 187.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: