1 hr 20 mins
Don't tell anyone it isn't Ricotta. They will never know! I served this at a potluck where most were meat eaters. It passed with flying colors. No one even thought it was vegan until I told them. Most went back for seconds after finding out. This recipe is from the Post Punk Kitchen (www.ppk.com)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2bring water to a boil, and cook shells al dente according to the package directions.
- 3drain and let cool.
- 4in food processor, crumble tofu and add salt and olive oil.
- 5blend to a smooth consistency (like ricotta.).
- 6sautee spinach in 2 T olive oil.
- 7add spinach to tofu mixture.
- 8coat bottom of 9x13 pan with tomato sauce.
- 9fill each jumbo shell with about 1.5 T of the "ricotta".
- 10place shells in pan, cover with the remaining sauce and a hefty layer of soy cheese.
- 11cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- 12uncover and bake for an additional 20 or until cheese is melty.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1470.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
soy mozzarella cheese