Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Don't tell anyone it isn't Ricotta. They will never know! I served this at a potluck where most were meat eaters. It passed with flying colors. No one even thought it was vegan until I told them. Most went back for seconds after finding out. This recipe is from the Post Punk Kitchen (www.ppk.com)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- bring water to a boil, and cook shells al dente according to the package directions.
- drain and let cool.
- in food processor, crumble tofu and add salt and olive oil.
- blend to a smooth consistency (like ricotta.).
- sautee spinach in 2 T olive oil.
- add spinach to tofu mixture.
- coat bottom of 9x13 pan with tomato sauce.
- fill each jumbo shell with about 1.5 T of the "ricotta".
- place shells in pan, cover with the remaining sauce and a hefty layer of soy cheese.
- cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- uncover and bake for an additional 20 or until cheese is melty.
Great recipe -- love that the simplicity makes it easy to riff. The one thing I think I'll add for next time is something with a nutty flavor, since ricotta has it, and the tofu doesn't.
Easy and Yummy!
I love cheese. This is so close to a guilt inducing cheesy meal I would have never known had I not made it myself. A good meal to make for meat and dairy eaters as well.