Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious, easy and filling lasagna which is actually good for you too. A perfect comfort food and easy to freeze and save for a time when you can't be bothered cooking. I found this recipe on the internet and modified it to make it tastier and as low fat as possible.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 (415 g) can Italian-style tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (140 g) carton tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt (or another seasoning or herb of choice I use basil and LOTS of garlic)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated low fat mozzarella
- 8 sheets lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese, extra
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Tomato Sauce: Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Sauté vegetables until tender.
- Stir through tomatoes, tomato paste, water and salt (or other seasonings) and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- White Sauce: Place flour in a saucepan or bowl.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Place over medium heat and stir (or microwave on High 100% for 7 minutes, stirring after every minute) until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir salt and cheese through sauce.
- To assemble, place a layer of lasagne sheets over the base of a lightly greased 20cm x 33cm ovenproof dish.
- Spread with half of the tomato mixture, then half of the white sauce mixture.
- Repeat lasagne, tomato and white sauce layers ending with white sauce.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese.
- Bake in moderate oven for 40 minutes.