Delicious, easy and filling lasagna which is actually good for you too. A perfect comfort food and easy to freeze and save for a time when you can't be bothered cooking. I found this recipe on the internet and modified it to make it tastier and as low fat as possible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 2 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 (415 g) can Italian-style tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (140 g) carton tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt (or another seasoning or herb of choice I use basil and LOTS of garlic)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup grated low fat mozzarella
- 8 sheets lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, extra
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- 2Tomato Sauce: Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- 3Sauté vegetables until tender.
- 4Stir through tomatoes, tomato paste, water and salt (or other seasonings) and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5White Sauce: Place flour in a saucepan or bowl.
- 6Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
- 7Place over medium heat and stir (or microwave on High 100% for 7 minutes, stirring after every minute) until mixture boils and thickens.
- 8Stir salt and cheese through sauce.
- 9To assemble, place a layer of lasagne sheets over the base of a lightly greased 20cm x 33cm ovenproof dish.
- 10Spread with half of the tomato mixture, then half of the white sauce mixture.
- 11Repeat lasagne, tomato and white sauce layers ending with white sauce.
- 12Sprinkle with extra cheese.
- 13Bake in moderate oven for 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Lasagna (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 900.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low fat mozzarella