1 hr 25 mins
I'm not a vegetarian, but this lasagna is awesome. It calls for vegetarian crumbles in the sauce, but I've never used them before so I just omit them. My family likes this and never complains about the "no meat" issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 14 1/2 ounces whole tomatoes, undrained
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen veggie crumbles, thawed
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 8 ounces italian four cheese blend, shredded
- 1Cook onion and garlic in oil until translucent, add spinach and heat through.
- 2Stir in 2 T. of parsley, the basil, sugar, tomatoes and tomato sauce, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon.
- 3Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat.
- 4Simmer uncovered about 45 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 5Heat oven to 350.
- 6Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- 7While noodles are cooking, mix ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, oregano and remaining 1 T. parsley.
- 8Add the vegetarian crumbles to the tomato sauce, heat through.
- 9Spread half of the spinach mixture in ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
- 10Top with 4 noodles.
- 11Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over noodles.
- 12Sprinkle with 1 cup of Italian cheese blend.
- 13Repeat layers, ending with Italian cheese blend.
- 14Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- 15Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- 16Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly.
- 17Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.7 mg
- Sodium 648.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
four cheese blend