Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this yet. However, I love to combo of zucchini and gorgonzola and I'm posting this here for safe-keeping. Recipe source is the Swiss cooking magazine 'Betty Bossy', the June 1990 edition. The whole dish can be prepared in advance and kept in the oven until needed.
- 250 g lasagna sheets
- 700 g zucchini
- 1 tbsb butter or 1 margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 dl milk
- 1 dl cream
- 200 g gorgonzola
- LASAGNA SHEETS: Cook al dente and leave in cold water until needed.
- ZUCCHINI: Slice the zucchini diagonally. Melt butter or margarine in a pot, add the onion and zucchini and add a little bit of water if necessary. Cover and steam for 15 minutes. Season with the chopped herbs, salt and pepper.
- GORGONZOLA BECHAMEL: Melt butter or margarine in a pot, add flour and mix. Add milk and cream and bring to the boil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Add chopped Gorgonzola and let it melt. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- In a greased oven-proof dish start with a layer of zucchini. Use all three layers alternately (lasagna, zucchini, gorgonzola béchamel - the recipe doesn't state any particular order). Finish off with a layer of gorgonzola béchamel followed by some nicely arranged zucchini on top.
- BAKE: ca. 30 minutes in the middle of the oven at 200°C / 390°F.
- TIP: The whole dish can be prepared in the morning and kept in the fridge until needed.