Made with refrigerated French bread dough, this is easy and will impress! Adapted from Pampered Chef "All The Best" cookbook. Enjoy! Make this with vegetarian pepperoni for a vegetarian feast!
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vegetarian pepperoni, slices, diced
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, pressed (or minced)
- 2 (11 ounce) packagesrefrigerated French bread dough
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Dice pepperoni and red bell pepper, chop olives, shred mozzarella cheese.
- Combine pepperoni, olives, red bell pepper, mozzarella cheese, parsley, flour and garlic in bowl. Mix well.
- Place bread dough, seam sides up on cutting board. Using serrated knife, slice each loaf lengthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to center of loaf; spread open flat. Lightly sprinkle flour evenly over dough.
- Using rolling pin, roll dough crosswise to a 4" width, creating a well down the center of each loaf.
- Spoon half of the pepperoni mixture down the center of each loaf. Gather up the edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal.
- Place loaves, seam sides down, in an X pattern on a baking sheet. Crisscross ends of dough to form a large figure 8, keeping ends of dough 1" from edge of baking pan and leaving two 1 1/2" openings in center of twist.
- Combine egg white and Italian seasoning; lightly brush over dough.
- Cut a 3" slit in each of the top sections of the twist to reveal filling.
- Sprinkle the 2 tbls. Parmesan cheese over the loaf.
- Bake 30-32 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!