This is from the Olive Garden, I had this for lunch and was so impressed I went on to the Olive Garden website, and there it was. Delicious and low in fat and calories. OG does not serve pasta with this, so it is a nice light meal, served with salad and bread sticks, of course.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb roma tomato, cut into 1 pieces
- 6 basil leaves, cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
Garlic Herb Seasoning
- 3 teaspoons garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 bunch asparagus (remove bottom inch of stems)
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Combine Garlic Herb Seasoning ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Blend apricot sauce ingredients in a sauce pan. Add salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Combine tomato mixture in a separate mixing bowl and set aside.
- Blanch asparagus and broccoli for 1 minute in a pot of salted boiling water. Transfer immediately to ice bath to stop cooking.
- Coat sauté pan with 1Tbsp olive oil. While keeping ingredients separated in pan, heat cooled asparagus, broccoli and tomato mixture and until hot. Do not overcook.
- Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Place grilled chicken on a platter next to hot broccoli and asparagus. Sprinkle Garlic Herb Seasoning on broccoli. Pour tomato mixture on top of vegetables.
- Top chicken breasts with apricot sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.