1/2 Photos of Venison Lasagne (Or Beef)
Swan Valley Tammi's Note:
Without meaning to brag, this is the best lasagne recipe I've ever tasted. It's perfect if you're trying to figure out what to do with ground venison because the tomato sauce does an incredible job of removing/masking the wild taste, but of course you can use ground beef as well. Even "Oh, I don't eat deer meat" people will love this -- just don't tell them until afterwards! My recipe book says the fennel is optional, but that's your KILLER SECRET INGREDIENT! It's not optional in my opinion!! You could also add a package of frozen spinach (thawed and drained) as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked (or more or less, depending on how much pasta you like)
- 1 lb ground venison (or beef)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Cook lasagne noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2For meat sauce: In a large saucepan or skillet, scramble-fry meat, onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain fat (if you're using venison, there likely won't be any -- that's my little plug for venison!).
- 3Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- 4Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5For Cheese Filling: Combine egg, cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- 6Layer half lasagne noodles in a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Spread with half the meat sauce and then half the cheese filling. Repeat layers.
- 7Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top and additional grated mozzarella, if desired.
- 8Bake at 375F for 30-35 minutes and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venison Lasagne (Or Beef)
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.3
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.5 mg
- Sodium 1021.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 33.5 g