Created in Venice, Italy, then promoted in restaurants such as the Olive Garden, this drink is now widely popular in the US, particularly in the New York area. This is a non alcoholic version of the classic bellini.
- 1 cup peach, peeled, chopped (frozen or fresh)
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling apple cider, chilled (3 cups)
- Allow chopped peaches to defrost if using frozen. If using fresh peaches, put puree in freezer to chill about 1/2-1 hour before proceeding(or put peaches in freezer till they are really cold, about 1/2-3/4 hour.
- Place in blender with 1/2 cup sparkling cider. Blend until peaches are pureed.
- Divide puree evenly between 4 champagne glasses. Fill glasses with remaining sparkling cider. Serve and enjoy!